Burness Paull is one of Scotland’s premier law firms with offices of equal size and strength across Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, serving clients in Scotland, the UK and globally.
We are looking to recruit a Tax Manager for our Private Capital division in our Aberdeen or Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive personal / trusts tax service to a diverse client base.
- Responsible for the personal tax returns of a portfolio of clients. Undertakes all appropriate liaison – with clients, banks, brokers – and completes tax returns accurately and on time.
- Preparation of Trusts tax returns and Executry tax returns and related accounts. General Trusts administration.
- Follows disciplined schedule to ensure all tax compliance deadlines are met. Keeps the team abreast of changes in tax compliance legislation.
- Maintains Trusts database – inputting principal Trusts information, asset types and key dates. Appraises the team of critical dates and takes action as appropriate.
- Assistance on the tax aspects of succession planning.
You will be capable of working largely unsupervised, and know all procedures to follow if tax/Trust arrangements are changed. Holding one or more related accounting and/or tax qualifications (ATT / CTA / SOLAS / STEP) would be advantageous. Consideration will also be given to candidates without these qualifications based on experience and demonstrable track record.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading team in a successful, growing firm.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Rachel Durno on 0131 473 6091 or at Rachel.Durno@burnesspaull.com