Financial Reporting Analyst
The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) is the independent regulator of social landlords in Scotland. Our staff are committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of around 600,000 tenants, 123,000 home owners who receive services from social landlords, 49,000 families who may be homeless and 2,000 Gypsy/Travellers. Our staff are Civil Servants and are subject to Scottish Government main terms and conditions. You can read more about our work and how we regulate on our website. In a recent Civil Service staff survey SHR was rated highly for how people feel about working in their organisation.
We are currently seeking applications for a Financial Reporting Analyst within the Scottish Housing Regulator based in Glasgow.
Our office is based in Glasgow and our staff work flexibly from home, our office and meet regulated bodies in their offices.
Based in the Finance Team within the Regulation Group, the post holder will play a key role in our ability to deliver risk based and proportionate regulation. The person will be responsible for ensuring the timely submission of data that Registered Social Landlords submit into the 3 financial returns and will play a role in delivering the annual financial risk assessment of the RSLs. They will produce financial reports that will influence SHR’s engagement with individual RSLs and with the social housing sector as a whole.
Alongside this, the post holder will provide analysis that will support the publication of key data for the sector including the annual reports on the financial health of the sector and the Loan Portfolio data. They will also provide input into key external communication publications including SHR’s Statutory Guidance, Recommended Practice and Thematic Studies. The post holder will provide cover for the Digital and Business Services Group in the absence of the Finance Officer. This would involve producing standard financial reports and providing key financial information to the Management Team.
The post holder will have excellent analytical and communication skills and a proven record of working both in a team and independently. They will have the confidence to challenge, and be able to offer well thought out solutions to problems.
The post holder will report to a C1 Regulation Manager (Finance). The remainder of the Finance Team consists of a C2 Assistant Director of Regulation, 4 C1 Regulation Manager (Finance) posts and one other B2 Financial Reporting Analyst post.
- Responsibility for collation of RSL financial data returns. This includes providing a help desk facility, updating external and internal user guides and validating data collected in the returns
- Contribute to the development of finance policy in relation to our financial risk assessment and support the Regulation Manager with the overall financial risk assessment process
- Support the Regulation Manager in completing thematic studies
- Support the Regulation Manager with the production of reports based on the financial information provided by RSLs to SHR
- Cover for the Finance Officer when they are absent
- Other ad hoc tasks that may arise from time to time
- People management
- Communications and engagement
- Improving performance
- Financial Management
- Analysis and use of evidence
- Strong financial knowledge and analytical skills gained within a financial environment with experience in reviewing financial performance, challenging assumptions and understanding budget principles
- Good organisational and planning skills, and a track record of delivering against competing priorities with challenging deadlines
- Proficient in the use of ICT, as a tool for analysis and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team working skills and experience of working successfully with stakeholders
For further information and to apply for this post, please visit
Financial Reporting Analyst in Glasgow | Careers at GEORGE HOUSE (icims.com)