Gillespie Macandrew has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Trust Manager to join our established Private Client team. The successful candidate will carry out and manage trust and charity administration in order to support the caseload of the Private Client Team in a competent and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of the key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Trust and charity administration including administering and managing trust records on behalf of clients
- Dealing directly with trustees, and beneficiaries and advising and acting on their instructions
- Dealing with professional intermediaries in connection with client accounts
- Demonstrating an understanding of trust deeds to ensure the trust is managed in line with the specified terms
- Demonstrating an understanding of Income and Capital Gains Tax and its interaction with the administration of trusts
- Advising in relation to setting up, ongoing administration and termination of trusts in line with the terms of deeds and client instructions
- Managing trust finances and calculating disbursements and payments to beneficiaries
- Dealing with Trust Registration; Common Reporting Standard reporting; Register of Controlling Interests in Land reporting and ensuring administration complies with any other relevant legislation and reporting to relevant bodies as may be required
- Dealing with Inheritance Tax and preparation of appropriate reporting forms
- Preparation of Deeds, Trustee Minutes and Resolutions
- Review and set up of systems, maintenance of trust records and compliance records
- Dealing with AML processes
The role requires a highly motivated and pro-active team player with the ability to prioritise a high volume workload to an exceptional standard. The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to build and maintain collaborative and professional working relationships. It is also important for the candidate to have strong attention to detail skills and to have proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be an experienced Trust Manager or will have relevant experience in a similar role. We welcome applications from both private practice and in-house experience. The successful candidate will also require experience of supporting, managing and training others.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV stating current remuneration to: firstname.lastname@example.org.